A Handy Checklist Of Things To Remember When Preparing To Move
Interstate furniture or local removal can often be stressful. The ritual involves many tasks. One needs to undertake these tasks professionally ensure a smooth transition. Most of the work should be completed prior to the moving day.
Anyone who has ever moved can inform you about how easy it is to lose valuable and forget things when relocating. It is sad but true that a number of treasured items can be lost left behind during your move. Sometimes, it is the fault of professionals involved. Homeowners also find it very difficult to keep tabs on each article moved.
It is crucial to take time and make sure your possessions are safe. To ensure nothing of sentimental value is left behind during interstate removal, it is crucial to prepare a checklist. Referring to this checklist on a regular basis will help you monitor the furniture removal activity. The following is a list provided by us at Roadrunner Removals that you can use to help you organise your next move.
Here is how you must prepare a furniture removals checklist:
- First, you need to check all drawers in units, fitted oven, cupboards, and even the top of unit
- Make sure you remove the hooks, wall clocks, and pictures
- Also remove wall racks
- Empty the bins
- Disconnect the dishwasher
- Defrost the fridge
This is the most important checklist and you need to prepare it accordingly.
- Remove mirrors
- Remove hooks
- The walls should not have pictures
- Don’t forget to remove curtain rails
- Also remove light fiitings
- Don’t ignore door hooks
- Double check cupboards, shelves and fitted wardrobes. They should be empty
Most people tend to ignore the bathroom. You should prepare a special checklist to ensure nothing is left behind during removal process.
- You should take out scales, towels, and door mats.
- Remove shower rail
- Pack toiletries
- Empty bathroom cabinets
- Remove all supplies from cupboards
- Disconnection of shower if necessary
Have you checked the lounge? Prepare the checklist to make sure you don’t have
- Remove all the pictures and hooks
- Pack the mirrors
- Remove hooks and curtain rails
- Don’t forget to remove tie backs
- Make sure the speakers and brackets are removed properly
- If you have decided to take the light fittings with you, make sure you remove them in timely manner
- Also call in for professionals to disconnect gas fire if necessary
Cupboards and Other Rooms Checklist
Last but not the least; this is an important part of furniture removal checklist:
- Check the walk-in cupboards thoroughly
- Everything should be removed from the cupboards
- You need to check and empty the shelves
- Also make sure the attic is emptied
- The workbenches should be packed
- Remove the shelves along with tools and fittings from garage.
- Dismantle garden shed if necessary
- You should keep a check on all garden fittings and plants
We hope this helps you prepare for a successful move! If you need advice or a quote on your next move to or from Brisbane, feel free to contact Roadrunner Removals.